Re: [Freetype] FT_Load_Glyph() - Always returns an error

From: Mac Wang
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FT_Load_Glyph() - Always returns an error
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:33:58 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 6:31 AM

> > I've just started working with FreeType 2 to try to use in my
> > library but I've been having trouble with functions used in
> > rendering.  FT_Load_Glyph(font[0],gIdx,FT_LOAD_DEFAULT); always
> > returns non-zero.
>
> You didn't tell us the used FreeType version.  Please get FreeType
> 2.1.7 or a development snapshot of FreeType, you might have triggered
> a bug.  If it still happens you should send a report again.

I still met this problem, I am using version 2.1.7 under mips.
I buit the library with following commands.
  CC=mipsel-linux-gcc ./configure --host=mips --prefix=/opt
  make
  make install
it builds successfully without too much warning. But when I use this libaray
with the example1.c in the freetype tutorial 1 webpage. FT_Load_Glyph
return -1 or not enough memory. sometimes it shows it need to allocate over
600MB memory. Of course it is not possible on my embedded board. Could
anyone has a cule why it happens? Thanks.

Regards,
Mac Wang

 address@hidden
 http://edm-prg.epaper.com.tw/click.php?ad_code=64908