Re: [Freetype] Problems with Mac dfont

From: Pavel Studený
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Problems with Mac dfont
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:29:37 +0100

I've found out that gdb doesn't work well for multihreaded programs. This
led to the strange looking changes. The second think I've found out is that
if  FT_Load_Char(font_face, character, FT_LOAD_RENDER | FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME)
leaves the glyph->bitmap empty (rows = 0, width = 0, buf = NULL), the
glyph->bitmap_left and bitmap_top can contain nonsenses like 80 and -75.

I'm now able to process about a quarter of the Mac fonts sucessfully (not
the Courier.dfont). The rest is wrong. All the freetype functions don't
return any error, but the bitmap is empty after calling the above function.

I was also asked about the compiler. I use gcc.

Pavel Studeny