Re: [Freetype] Freetype 1 --without-x

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Freetype 1 --without-x
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:40:15 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm trying to compile Freetype 1 on linux without X installed.
>
> ./configure --without-x runs, however when I run make it will still
> give an error:

The `--without-x' switch does work only in the development version
(which, sigh, should be finally released as 1.5).

Either get the development snapshot of FreeType 1 (`snapshot' is a bad
word since there isn't any more development on FT1) or fix it manually
by commenting out all program compilation rules which contain `-lX11'
in file test/arch/unix/Makefile.in (before running ./configure).