Re: [Freetype] Windows code displaying garbage - any help?

From: Greg Inman
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Windows code displaying garbage - any help?
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:47:42 +0100

> ... I suspect my transformation from the Freetype bmp to a Windows bmp is
flawed.

To determine that your code is ok from the transformation point onwards
construct a test Windows bmp to display and ignore for now the Freetype bmp.
If your test bmp is displayed correctly, then the transformation *is* the
problem.

In the past for a test bmp I have drawn manually a rectangular border around
the edge of the bmp, then stepped in two pixels and drawn another rectangle
inside of the first, then stepped in two pixels and drawn a third rectangle
inside of the second.  From what is displayed you will get a better idea of
what might be wrong.  If the sizes you are using are not right, you may be
able to use the 3 rectangles as a means of calibrating the extent of the
error.

Greg