Re: [Freetype] Mac OS X Project Builder

From: Henry Maddocks
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Mac OS X Project Builder
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:29:27 +1200

On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 03:46  AM, Wenlin Institute wrote:

First, it was necessary to add "/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon" to the search path.

Or...

#ifdef __APPLE_CC__
#include <Carbon/Carbon.h>

Second, it was necessary to add these two lines to the file builds/unix/ftsystem.c, before #ifdef HAVE_UNISTD_H:

#include <fcntl.h> /* needed for open() on OS X */
#define HAVE_UNISTD_H /* needed for close() on OS X */

(Probably HAVE_UNISTD_H is supposed to be #defined elsewhere?)

I didn't have to do this. I run ./configure first though. I have added a build phase to do this.

Then it compiled OK, but when linking freetype.a with an application the following error was reported:

libfreetype.a(ftgzip.o) illegal reference to symbol: _inflate defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libz.1.1.3.dylib

This was solved by changing #define to #undef in this line in ftoption.h:

#undef FT_CONFIG_OPTION_USE_ZLIB

This could be solved by linking against zlib. I do this in my other projects but it could be done in the freetype project.

Now it works great, including dfonts; maybe the trouble Henry had with dfonts was only with rc2.

Still can't get dfonts to work. Getting everything from 0x01, 0x02 to 0x55 error codes. Though not sure whether I can believe these because in certain circumstances ftmac returns different error codes to ftobjs for the same situation.

Henry