Re: [Freetype] Another question about FT_Decompose_Outline

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Another question about FT_Decompose_Outline
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:15:27 -0500

At 5:31 PM +1100 3/21/03, ~ wrote:
my original question about the usage of FT_Decompose_Outline was really about the functions pointed to by func_interface argument. From my reading of the documentation, I had thought that the functions to decompose a glyph into a series of curves and lines, etc , (such as move_to, line_to, cubic_to) etc existed already somewhere within freetype.
Is this not true.
In other words, do I have to implement the emitter functions myself ?

No! FreeType will parse the glyph information and then call your routines (they are CALLBACKS, after all ;) with the specific operation that should be performed. What you choose to do with that info is up to you.

Leonard
Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:address@hidden>
                                             <http://www.lazerware.com>