[Freetype] Select a charmap from a charset string

From: Pavel Studeny
Subject: [Freetype] Select a charmap from a charset string
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:58:07 +0100

Hi,
I would like to use freetype for drawing a text in an arbitrary encoding
(supported by the font). The text encoding is described by the charset
strings like "iso-8859-2", "utf-8" or "windows-1251". What should I do to
select the proper charmap? Is the only way to convert the charset strings to
charmap->platform_id and charmap->encoding_id? Do I have to make this
conversion table manually for all of the possibilities of
charmap->platform_id and charmap->encoding_id?

Thanks

Pavel Studeny