[Freetype] antialiasing

From: Tim McCabe
Subject: [Freetype] antialiasing
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:47:50 -0600

Hello sir,
I am putting together a dynamically created image using PHP. We have FreeType 2.0 installed on the server. Everything seems to work great, excet for the antialiasing. I have asked numerous PHP gurus about it and the only comment they have (a positive color index) hasn't helped in the slightest.

My dynamic text is all jagged and aliased. It looks horrible. Here's the image:

I ftp'd the font (ARIALNBI.TTF) to the same directory as the PHP file and the JPG image. Then I called it using PHP's ImageTTFText() function. Is that the correct way to do it? Or does it need to be "installed" or something?

Any help you can offer would be REALLY GREAT!!!!

Tim McCabe
Art Director
Websurf Internet
www.websurf.net