RE: [Freetype] To Hint or Not To Hint

From: graham
Subject: RE: [Freetype] To Hint or Not To Hint
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 05:55:37 -0800

The fonts look correct to me.  I think this relates to the hinting
vs. just antialiasing debate that rages on endlessly.  It's really a
matter of taste.  Hinting makes sharper, cleaner edges but may shift
things around a little to achieve it, while antialiasing-only makes
smoother, undistorted images, but it looks a little "soft" and is
sometimes illegible at very small point sizes.

- Graham