Re: [Freetype] More on Free fonts

From: Rogier van Dalen
Subject: Re: [Freetype] More on Free fonts
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:27:08 +0100

Pedriana, Paul wrote:

  >>I guess a desktop GUI is not complete without a set of high-quality
fonts.

<curmudgeon><honesty> And I have yet to see a set of truly high quality
scalable screen fonts other than those that Microsoft distributes with
Windows. Sorry. A lot of people confuse quality publishing fonts with
quality screen fonts. The latter are much harder to come by.
</honesty></curmudgeon>

Paul
I think you'll need well-instructed TrueType fonts for that...
Take a look at http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~slam/fonts/fonts.html

Rogier