[Freetype] [OT] XFree86 new cursors [was: XFree86 4.2.x ...]

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: [Freetype] [OT] XFree86 new cursors [was: XFree86 4.2.x ...]
Date: 15 Jan 2003 17:01:08 +0100

AC> ... one small annoyance, though: RedHat replaced default X11 cursors by
AC> their own.

Nothing to do with RedHat, it's an XFree86 change.

According to what I can gather from the sources, you can change the
appearance of the new cursor by setting the environment variable
XCURSOR_THEME to one of redglass (the default), whiteglass or
handhelds.  You can disable the new cursors althegither by setting
XCURSOR_CORE to false.

Please note that I haven't tried the above out myself (my CVS tree is
currently broken), I've only had a quick glance at the sources.

                                        Juliusz