[Freetype] problem with openoffice 1.0.1

From: Philippe Hemmel
Subject: [Freetype] problem with openoffice 1.0.1
Date: 10 Jan 2003 07:08:28 -0500

Hello

I'm now using freetype 2.1.3 on my mdk 9.0 box. This new version
improves really the displayed fonts quality ! It's true that I don't
need anymore to activate the bytecode interpreter, I prefer the
autohinting process of the 2.1.3 version.

Thanks a lot !

But I have now some problems with OpenOffice 1.0.1 : the print preview
is always empty, it displays nothing. And the smaller font size (< 10
pt) are also invisible in the documents.

I've done all the necessary changes
(LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6, display setting to 109%, Luxi
Sans (ttf) as UI font).

It depends actually on the display setting : with a higher value I can
view the bigger letters. Or if I can zoom the print preview, I see also
more letters.

Does anybody know this problem ? Is there a solution ?

I've asked this question to the OpenOffice users mailing list, but I
haven't any answer. I'm surprised that nobody else has had the same
problem. By the way I advised them to use this new version of freetype.

Philippe