Re: [Freetype] How do I render italic or bold if no file

From: James H. Cloos Jr.
Subject: Re: [Freetype] How do I render italic or bold if no file
Date: 19 Sep 2002 16:28:19 -0400

>>>>> "Riccardo" == Riccardo Cohen <address@hidden> writes:

Riccardo> but I am quite sure that MS Word and others dont do that!
Riccardo> There must be an explanation why Bold is not present and yet
Riccardo> proposed in standard font dialog.

They *do* in fact do synthetic bold and oblique just like Dave's
description.  They exact details may vary, due to api issues, but the
concept is the same.

-JimC