Re: [Freetype] j ?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] j ?
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 01:11:02 +0200

Bonjour Olivier,

Olivier Couet wrote:
 Hi All,

 Yes I have a problem with "j", in font timesi.ttf. I am writing a small
"ijkl" string. Each character is positioned using the glyph->advance.x
value and I get what you can see in the first picture. The "j" is not well
positioned. I tried the same in the ftstring example given with the FT2
sources and obviously it works nicely as you can see on the second
picture. I have compared my code and the ftstring one, and seems to me the
technique used is very similar. At least I do not see any difference. I have
check that it is not a problem of kerning. Any idea will be welcome !

Unfortunately, you give very little information about what your code is
doing. It may be that you're not computing kerning correctly, or anything
else. Could you send an exceprt showing how you perform text layout ??

Regards,

- David Turner