Re: [Freetype] freetype tutorial & gdk/gtk

From: Michael Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: [Freetype] freetype tutorial & gdk/gtk
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:13:57 +0200

>Any idea how to change the colours of the bitmap (fg/bg) ? Currently I
>get white letters on a black background. I've tried a few Gdk functions
>with not much joy.

I have no knowledge in GDK programming. In general you have the
following possibilities (at least):

1. RGBA-Bitmap
a) initialize the bitmap with the textColor
b) set the alpha channel of the bitmap to the glyph gray values
c) draw the bitmap with alpha blending

2. RGB-Bitmap
a)
for each glyphPixel in glyph
  for each color channel do
    destPixel.channel = (bg.channel * (255-glyphPixel) + textColor.channel *
glyphPixel) / 255

b) draw the RGB-Bitmap

destPixel is the corrseponding pixel to the glyphPixel in the RGB-bitmap

3. Blending with current background
same as RGB-Bitmap, but RGB-Bitmap is initialized with the current background
image that
the glyph overlaps.

- Michael