Re: [Freetype] Another bug in the BDF backend

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Another bug in the BDF backend
Date: 27 Aug 2002 15:16:56 +0100

>> Catering for non-square pixels is not necessary --
>> we do support EGA, but as far as I know, we only have
>> one (1) user with EGA hardware.

JF> The PAL TV standard has non-square pixels.  (It's 720x576 on
JF> a 4:3 or 16:9 screen).  And interactive TV is quite a big
JF> market ;-)

Catering for non-square pixels in the BDF backend is not currently
important for XFree86, as XFree86 currently only provides BDF fonts
for square pixels and we do not expect to develop any new BDF fonts.

Support for non-square pixels in FreeType in general is doubtless
important.  But that's not what I'm bullying Werner about.

(Werner, do you take bribes?)

                                        Juliusz