[Freetype] freetype 2.1.2 demo ftview problem

From: Lukasz Piwowar
Subject: [Freetype] freetype 2.1.2 demo ftview problem
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 18:17:03 +0200

Hello!

I compiled latest version of freetype (2.1.2), and demo ftview under VC++6.0
(win 2000).
I used "ppem cour.ttf" as a demo executable program options.
Everything looks fine, but after about 30sec font size scrolling (up and
down) program crashed. And it does all the time, program crash up with:
"Unhandled exception in ftview.exe : 0xC000000005: Access Violation".

 if ( node->hash == hash                            &&
(FT_UInt)node->fam_index == family->fam_index &&
 compare( node, query, cache ) )            <- debuger shows error at this
line
{
 /* move to head of bucket list */

It seems to be some cache subsystem bug ...

Another thing is that when I set    render_mode = 0  and   Render_Text()
function is executed I see only rectangles (instead of fonts).

It all happens without demo source modifications (orginal demo code).

I was using FreeType2.0.5 without troubles, but now I would like to get the
cache system bonus from version 1.2.1 (speed).
Is cache system in version 1.2.1 ready for use, or should I wait for more
stable release?
Can You help me with demo project?

PS. Sorry for my english, it is not my primary language...

zsacul
programmer:
www.hdf.com.pl
www.InternetGames.com.pl