Re: [Freetype] Special one-char font?

From: Geoff Baskwill
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Special one-char font?
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:39:45 -0400 (EDT)

Paul,

You may also want to consider the possibility of users trying to do a cut
and paste from your password entry field.  This should, of course, result
in them getting a string of '*' characters rather than the password, since
the whole point of displaying asterisks is to obscure the password.

It would probably be best to have your text edit control keep two strings
-- one being the actual password, and the other being the displayed string
of asterisks.  I believe this is the implementation method chosen by
current widget sets.

Regards,
glb

--