Re: [Freetype] LoadGlyph Time

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: Re: [Freetype] LoadGlyph Time
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 15:18:30 +0400

On Monday 06 May 2002 20:38, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
|  VP> The only feature which PS Type1 hinting model doesn't have -
| rendering/hinting VP> for diagonal stems.
|
|  I seem to recall that Adobe have a convention for encoding diagonal
|  stems -- I think they use a vertical stem hint aligned with the
|  intersection of the (diagonal) stem with the x-height line, or some
|  such weird thing.  Perhaps in the Type 1 format supplement.
|
|  I have seen this convention used in Adobe's Type 1 fonts, although I
|  don't recall where exactly.  I'll try to find the font again.

This will be very kind of you! :-)
I have looked through ATM Deluxe fonts (Miriad, Minion, etc. ), and while
their hinting is more sofisticated than in Adobe Times and Helvetica fonts
bundled with previous versions of ATM, there is no indication of special
hinting procedures for diagonal stems.
Do you have any link to Adobe site with corresponding information?

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)