[Freetype] weird glyph width/heights

From: HaB JacKaL
Subject: [Freetype] weird glyph width/heights
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:57:39 -0400

Hi all.

I am a total newb to FT, so please bear with me. I am attempting to blit glyph bitmaps to an OpenGL rendering context, using FT as the means by which to generate the bitmap. I am getting some really strange values for the height/width of the glyph, whih I need to pass to the blitting function. I keep getting 8 digit values for the height and width, with no decimal point. Obviously a single glyph can't be millions of pixels in size...is this measurement not supplied in pixels?

As an aside...I keep seeing references in the API docs and tutorials to "26.6 format pixels". Uhh...whazzat? Can they be converted to screen pixels? I have tried using bitmap_left and _top, as well as metrics->height and width, but I seem to get the same odd values. Can anyone enlighten me?

TIA...

-HaB