[Freetype] Re: freetype behaviour below zero

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: [Freetype] Re: freetype behaviour below zero
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:59:41 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 23:21:23 +0200
From: n++k <address@hidden>
To: Alexei Podtelezhnikov <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: freetype behaviour below zero

[Alexei Podtelezhnikov <address@hidden>]
| This was absolutely beautiful bug, if any.
| Your report, however, is missing important information:
|
| 1) version of freetype

2.0.9 and 2.0.4 tried both

| 2) compiler used to compile freetype and your program

gcc 2.95.3 for both

| 3) OS

linux [2.4.x]

| Mayby, it's just a stupid optimizations in your program like -O3.

program compiled with -g, freetype with -g -O2

it is perhaps a bug i introduced while converting my floats to FT_Vectors
suitable for the FT_Outline object: (see attached source code, outline.c)

static
outline_t* outline_conic_to(outline_t* self, vector2d_t* control, vector2d_t* t$
{
  outline_add_point(self);
  self->super.points[self->super.n_points-1].x = control->x * 64;
  self->super.points[self->super.n_points-1].y = control->y * 64;
  self->super.tags[self->super.n_points-1] = 0;

perhaps is my '* 64' incorrect ? (but then while would it fail with
negatives, and in such a weird way)

| Who knows? whould you attach the entire program to demonstrate the bug, not
| just a picture.
|
| Thanks,
| Alexei

provided tar.gz contains source and compiled 'tester'
program for linux|xwindow

-
++k