Re: [Freetype] Creating/editing embedded bitmaps within a ttf?

From: 山内 英敏
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Creating/editing embedded bitmaps within a ttf?
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 23:29:26 +0900 (JST)

Hello,

From: Ed Keith <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:47:09 -0800

> Two questions:
>
> 1. Is anyone aware of any tools or utilities available to create an embedded
> bitmap font of a specified size within a .ttf font?

The microsoft typography group shipped SBit32 for your purpose.
It works on MS Windows but has minor bugs.
If you want to know more info, please see at
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/creators.htm

On the other hand, there is alternative tools, ttftools.
It is written by perl and we can obtain it from
http://members.tripod.co.jp/s42335/mona/dist/monafonts-2.12.tar.bz2

> 2. Is anyone aware of any tools or utilities that allow you to manually edit
> the character images of an embedded bitmap font within a .ttf font?

Maybe pfaedit.

---- YAMANO-UCHI, Hidetoshi