[Freetype] Nothing rendering Japanese unicode with MS Mincho less than 2

From: Mark Maigatter
Subject: [Freetype] Nothing rendering Japanese unicode with MS Mincho less than 23 pt (@72 DPI) with FT 2.0.7
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:13:29 -0800

I have successsfully hooked up 2.0.7 under Windows 2000 to render Japanese via Unicode strings that I receive.  This works great with MS Mincho and MS PMincho when the point size is 23 pt or higher (@ 72 dpi resolution).  However, when the point size goes below this, FreeType is not rendering any bits.

Is this just a problem with the rendering engine dealing with the intricate curves of the complex fonts?

Thanks,

Mark