[Freetype] determining Cyrillic encoding

From: David Babcock
Subject: [Freetype] determining Cyrillic encoding
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 08:08:40 -0800

Hi all,

I have the Freetype 2.0.5 distribution installed. I would like to be be able to look at a TrueType font file and determine whether its characters in positions 128-255 represent any of the standard/common Cyrillic encodings (CP-1251, KOI8-R, etc). I cannot see how to get this information from the docs nor from a perusal of the source, but if I missed it, it wouldn't be the first time. Any help will be appreciated--a pointer to something in the docs, a FAQ, a URL, a code snippet, whatever. TIA.

David Babcock