Re: [Devel] Re: [Freetype] Bad truetype rendering? still not satisfied

From: Soeren Sandmann
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: [Freetype] Bad truetype rendering? still not satisfied!!
Date: 20 Feb 2002 23:51:18 +0100

David Turner <address@hidden> writes:

>   - the FT1 and FT2 monochrome rasterizers are slightly different
>     and seem to produce slightly different results for a very small
>     minority of glyphs. I haven't studied this problem very hard,
>     mainly because it doesn't seem to be annoying to anyone..

I find them annoying. At

http://www.daimi.au.dk/~sandmann/fontdifferences.png ,

you can see Verdana rendered by FT1 and FT2. Note the glitches on the
lowercase c and the upppercase S. (For reasons that are beyond me,
most people seem to prefer to want both antialiasing and bytecode
interpretation even at that size, so they won't see the glitches).

Søren