Re: [Freetype] how to find the actual font name from windows

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Freetype] how to find the actual font name from windows
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:19:26 -0500

At 11:10 AM 1/28/2002 +0100, Ian Brown wrote:
      this is only peripherally related to freetype, but this seemed like
the best list to ask. The bar code library that we use in our main
application has moved over to using freetype for the human readable text.
This means that I now have to pass it a font filename rather than a LOGFONT.
The problem is that the main application still uses LOGFONTs (needs to be
backwards compatible).
So, I need to find the actual font file that windows is using when I select
a particular LOGFONT. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this?

I was just sent a code snippet that does exactly this - LOGFONT->filename for use with FreeType. I am looking at how best to integrate it into the FT library much the same way as we do it on the Mac OS side.

If you would like the code for yourself in the meantime, I can certainly send it to you...

In our main application, I use GetFontData() to read the file ... but I need
to pass a filename to the library.

Actually, this will work fine - just use the memory calls (FT_New_Memory_Face() instead of FT_New_Face()).

Leonard