[Freetype] Face object and memory problem

From: Nir Rostoker
Subject: [Freetype] Face object and memory problem
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:30:02 +0200

Hi !
While trying to use FreeType with the lowest RAM memory needs, I was playing
with the Face object. I have noticed that as far as I can tell, the only
element that
changes within the Face object is the Glyph Slot, So as far as I can tell,
saving all the Face object in the ROM with pointer to a Glyph object in the
RAM, might work,
So functions that change elements in a Face object ( like SetSize LoadGlyph
and RenderGlyph) could accept the object from the ROM . since they change
only the
GlyphSlot.

Did anyone tried it ?
Does it make sense ? or do you think of other elements in the Face object
that might change ?
Does anyone think of a problem with my idea ?

Thanks
Nir