[Freetype] In cygwin to get it worked.....

From: Sharmin Kabir
Subject: [Freetype] In cygwin to get it worked.....
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:31:08 +0000

Hello:
Could any one pl help me??? I am having trouble to install freetype-2.0.5.tar.gz in my cygwin/win98 .

I downloaded freetype-2.0.5.tar.gz, and put it in my home directory. Then, at the bash prompt, I tried to execute the commands

gzip -d  freetype-2.0.5.tar.gz
tar -xvf  freetype-2.0.5.tar
cd  freetype-2.0.5
./configure      (I also tried ./configure --prefix=/usr/local)
make

For the ./configure command, I got the message:

No such file or directory

But for the make command, it showed:

FreeType build system -- automatic system detection

       The following settings are used:

         platform                     ansi
         compiler                     gcc
         configuration directory      ./builds/ansi
         configuration rules          ./builds/ansi/ansi.mk

       If this does not correspond to your system or settings please
       remove the file 'config.mk' from this directory then read the
       INSTALL file for help.

       Otherwise, simply type 'make' again to build the library.

Then, I tried to do something getting information from the INSTALL file. It did not help me at all. It seems to me that I need to change something, somewhere!!! Could you please help me, what about a step-by-step method??????

Thanks

Sharmin