[Freetype] Question about build process

From: Chris Chabot
Subject: [Freetype] Question about build process
Date: 04 Dec 2001 03:31:52 +0100

ok, i think i am loosing my mind... i am trying to build freetype 2.0.5
on a machine, and as always do make setup CFG="--prefix=/usr"

however, it does _not_ run the ./build/unix/configure script (!)

if i do a make distclean, and try again.. still doesnt run the config
script. If i try to make && make install, the build goes ok (though very
minimal it seems), and make install tells me there is no rule to make
"install".

When i try the same commands on 5 other boxes i admin (from the same
.tar.gz file!), the config script is run, build and install work
perfectly!

what the address@hidden@# is going on here? should i sacrifice some chicken or
virgins to get freetype to correctly run configure ? i just do not get
it what is happening, and what is different between this, and the other
machines

(ps, they all run redhat 7.2)

Ps, i read the FAQ and docs, and couldnt find any additional helpfull
hints.. ;-/ (just a lot of 'jam' references? Well im in a jam with gnu
make!;-)

        -- Chris