Re: [Freetype] outline

From: Henry Maddocks
Subject: Re: [Freetype] outline
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:21:05 +1200

Have a look at my openGL lib, FTGL...

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/henryj/code/

The class FTVectoriser handles decomposing outlines to points. It's quite a simple process once you get the hang of it. The tricky bit is clsoing the contours. There is also a really good bezier curve function provided by a friend. This class handles cubic and conic in the same outline because I didn't realise they were mutually exclusive.

Although this lib is for openGL this class is pretty generic. You pass in a glyph and out comes an array of points.

Henry