Re: [Render] Re: [Freetype] Ambiguously Undefined Glyphs [was: Mozilla n

From: Brian Stell
Subject: Re: [Render] Re: [Freetype] Ambiguously Undefined Glyphs [was: Mozilla needs some info on Xft]
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:12:12 -0700

Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> By doing what you've done, you've suddenly broken all the fonts that
> have been painstakingly localised by the National Liberation Front of
> Southern Padelia.

Humm... I'm not familiar with Southern Padelia.  Perhaps you could
provide a URL.

Neither Google or the the search on www.unicode.org gave any hits
for Padelia.

If in fact there are cases like this then the Unicode Consortium
needs to know about this.

> But if you decide to take this road, I would strongly suggest
> that you make this an option, and one that defaults to off.

This is the way the Mozilla windows version has worked for over
2 years.

Perhaps you should consider opening a bug about this.

It will certainly help the bug get attention if a specific
example can be cited.

--
Brian Stell
mailto:address@hidden