[Freetype] unicode improvement....

From: cityhunter x-y-z
Subject: [Freetype] unicode improvement....
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 12:04:27 GMT+1

i'm looking for something i will call a font server but
designed as follow :
each unicode or non unicode font can be assigned to an
unicode page. what i call unicode page is one of the
subdivision in unicode char assignement (latin, greek,
CJK...). the font server will process each font, get the
caracter set encoded and then build a list of font for each
unicode page.
exemple :
i've a font i will call cityhunter.ttf that support latin
and CJK caracters in unicode and a font called arial.ttf
that only support latin and that is not a unicode encoded
font. the server will give me the following list :
*latin : cityhunter.ttf
 arial.ttf
*CJK : cityhunter.ttf

the main goal is to reuse old font that is not unicode
compatible to build what i will call a superfont ie a set
of font that support a certain type of char.

if you know such a system let me know if not can this be
implemented in freetype (as a module or something like this)

"everybody said it was impossible, somebody who didn't know that cames and did
it"   confincius
Le journal des abonnés Caramail - http://www.carazine.com