Re: [Freetype] How to show the bold effect?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] How to show the bold effect?
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 08:55:54 +0200 (CEST)

>     As I know I can use FT_Glyph_Transform() to show a italic font, I want
> to know how to show a bold font? Thanks.

You can't use FT_Glyph_Transform() to get an italic font!  You can use
it to get a slanted font, which is something completely different.

Bolding is not supported in FreeType, since this is a non-trivial
operation.  You might experiment with ftsynth.c (which is completely
unsupported -- ask David if you have problems).