[Freetype] Could people avoid sending attachments to the list?

From: Wenlin Institute
Subject: [Freetype] Could people avoid sending attachments to the list?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:11:02 -0700

Dear Freetype People,

I enjoy using Freetype and being subscribed to the list very much, but I
suspect I'm not the only subscriber who would generally prefer not to
receive attachments like all the bitmap files that have been going around
recently.

Where possible, could people put files somewhere to be downloaded, and just
put the URL's into their messages to the list? Where this isn't possible,
an alternative would be to send the attachments only to those individuals
who specifically request them, rather than to the entire list.

Sorry if I'm wrong about the prevailing etiquette; maybe I'm at fault for
not having some kind of e-mail filtering. I certainly wouldn't want to
inhibit the great exchanges of ideas that are going on.

Best Wishes,

Tom Bishop

Wenlin Institute, Inc.         Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: address@hidden         Web: http://www.wenlin.com
Telephone: 1-877-4-WENLIN (1-877-493-6546)