Re: [Freetype] HELP REQUEST - font point size to pixel formula

From: Ed Keith
Subject: Re: [Freetype] HELP REQUEST - font point size to pixel formula
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:25:27 -0700

Hi Sam,

Most people today use the PostScript definition for typographic points as 72
points/inch (the old traditional "BC" definition (Before Computers) was
actually closer to 72.27 points/inch).  You need to know the dots-per-inch
(DPI, or pixels-per-inch) resolution of device you're working with to convert
from typographic points to pixels, and vice-versa:

       pixelSize = (pointSize * DPI) / 72;

Hope that helps,
Ed Keith