[Freetype] Re: CJK Fonts

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Freetype] Re: CJK Fonts
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 11:41:24 -0500 (EST)

There is support for .ttc files in FreeType 2, the last time I looked at the
code.

In order to make a JPEG of the glyphs available in the font in question, you
first have to rasterize the font.  I think that use of ImageMagick would benefit
you here: you should be able to set "text" using the font, and then export a
JPEG.

There is also support for PS FontType 9 (CID FontType 0) fonts and OpenType (and
pure CFF) CJK fonts in FreeType 2.

Regards,

Tom