[Freetype] font family names

From: David F. Newman
Subject: [Freetype] font family names
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 17:08:07 -0500 (EST)

I have a bunch of fonts that when loaded the family_name
is reported as either "New" or nothing at all, however,
when I load the font in windows the name is correctly
reported.  I can access all of the glyphs through freetype,
though.  The same thing happens with either freetype 1.3
or 2.0.1.  One strange thing is that I can usually run
strings on the file and find the name somewhere inside.
I can't find it in these fonts so it must be encoded in
some way.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

-Dave
address@hidden