Re: [Freetype] Re: Summary of ANSI preprocessor trouble..

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Re: Summary of ANSI preprocessor trouble..
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:29:05 +0100 (CET)

> Do you want to get rid of ft2build.h and FT_*_H symbols? I suggest
> to keep it as it is (perhaps we could clean ft2build.h up and remove
> the clutter left after futile attempts to construct include paths by
> macros) because it makes it easy to move things around and this is
> always a good thing.  Moreover, it is very stylish. :)

I second this.  At least for Unix, it is easy to create a
ft2build.h.in (or something similar) with

  #define FT_FOO_H  <@includedir@/foo.h>

etc.

Another idea is to let GNU make create a proper ft2build.h (with
correct path separators etc.).  I have still to investigate how to do
that with the limited string manipulation functions of make.