[Freetype] [newbie/faq?] how can I display accented characters?

From: tech_related
Subject: [Freetype] [newbie/faq?] how can I display accented characters?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:20:53 GMT

Hello,

I just installed the beta-8 version of freetype2 on Linux 2.2. I imported the
"times.ttf" file from a computer running Win98,
and I can display the typical ASCII character without any problems, but
accented characters don't work, although the same
font under Windows seems to support those characters.

Can you give me any tip as to how I might solve this "problem"? Should I try a
different font file? Or do the .ttf files
from Windows contain all the necessary information and this is nothing but a
question of knowing how to access it?

Thank you for any tip concerning this issue,

Manuel