Re: [Freetype] Re: DNS + list subscription

From: David Turner
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:39:36 +0100

Hi Tom,

Tom Kacvinsky a écrit :

> Ah!  This expalins everything.  Here isn Providence, RI, USA, www.freetype.org
> still resolves to 193.154.213.72.  Now, if I point my browser at:

> (note that I am using the new IP) I get access to the mailman webpage, but it
> gives me a message to the effect that there is no list named `freetype'. :( Is
> this an Apache virtual hosting thing?

Definitely, Mailman uses the virtual domain name returned by Apache to
determine which domain lists to show/admin/etc..

mail subscriptions should work perfectly though..

By the way, I've found yesterday that the domain freetype.org was
registered at NetworkSolutions as using the primary name server of
"WWW.FREETYPE.ORG at 195.154.213.72" which is now invalid (silly
me !!). I have corrected it though I don't know how long the change
will take to propagate, but I hope this will solve most of our
problems.. ??!?

Regards,

- David