Re: rastering non-anti-aliased glyphs using FT_Render_Glyph()

From: Peter Montgomery
Subject: Re: rastering non-anti-aliased glyphs using FT_Render_Glyph()
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 13:32:00 -0800

Jeff,

    I would suggest simply applying a lookup table to the resulting
bitmap that increases the contrast.  You don't want to increase it so
much that it becomes a fully aliased bitmap, but if you experiment
you'll find that increasing the contrast increases the apparent
"sharpness" at a minimal processing cost.

    Thanks,
    PeterM