Re: free ttf

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: free ttf
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 16:56:50 +0100 (CET)

> With office 2000, on windows, there a true type font called arialuni
> (28 megs) that contains nearly all unicode characters (including
> japanise, chinese, korean and so on).  of course, i can t give this
> font with my GPL project. is there a free ttf font like arialuni in
> the open source comunity? if not, is there another solution?

There is no such free font available, unfortunately.  The best thing
covering Unicode is a bitmapped font which is, IIRC, already part of X
Windows.  Note that in general, covering everything with a single font
is neither possible nor useful.  Many scripts have much more glyphs
than characters, and a lot of preprocessing is needed to make the
scripts appear correctly.