Re: Migration of the main FreeType site to SourceForge

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Migration of the main FreeType site to SourceForge
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:38:30 +0200

Hi J.

> DT>      - automatic redirection from www.freetype.org to
> DT>      freetype.sourceforge.net
>
> Or have www.freetype.org point at their server, and have
> freetype.freetype.org point at the current server.

Humm.. that's a pretty good idea, however I don't know if this
is possible through DNS, as ANYTHING.sourceforge.net is always
192.186.203.44 according to "nslookup"..

But keeping "freetype.freetype.org" would be nice, just for
checks..

> DT>  - regarding mailing lists:
>
> DT>      - use SourceForge mailing lists for "freetype", "devel" & "cvs"
>
> Yes, but I'd rather you gave them the current mail addresses (I'm not
> sure how that can be done).  What happens if someday you decide to
> move away from SourceForge?

Actually, I meant using things like

  "address@hidden"
  "address@hidden"
  "address@hidden"

that way, we would be able to keep the current archives for the
"freetype.org" mailing list, and move away back to them some
day if we need to..

- David