Re: Version 2 release

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Version 2 release
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:50:33 +0200

Hi James,

James Stewart a écrit :

> Can I get an approximate data for the release of FreeType 2?
> Is Beta 7 the last beta?

The next and last beta (i.e. beta 8) will be the "release candidate"
for FreeType 2.0.

I'm currently waiting for an agreement to release the auto-hinter
into the core FreeType 2 source hierarchy, from the company that
contracted me to develop it. Unfortunately, some non-technical
details are holding it..

Unfortunately, I've been waiting too long. I'm now preparing
to release the current sources, without the auto-hinter, for
a last beta to be released next week..

In the meantime, I'm now leaving home until Sunday and won't
be available to discuss the issue. I'm clearly unsatisfied
by the current situation, unfortunately..

Best regards,

- David