Multiple Master???

From: Angus Duggan
Subject: Multiple Master???
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:09:40 -0700 (PDT)

Boris Letocha writes:
>Hi!
>
>There is some explanation or short documentation what Multiple Master means?

Adobe Technote 5086 (available from partners.adobe.com, I think) documents
the MM extensions. The Type 1 font format version 1.2 is supposed to also
document it, but the latest version I have seen is 1.1.

MM fonts are Type 1 fonts with restrictions on how they are formed; there are
several "masters" in the font (at least two per axis), and an instance of a
font (which is a normal Type 1 font) can be created by blending different
amounts of each master together.

The blending is performed by subrs which perform linear interpolation between
points in the appropriate masters.

><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">

Text only, please.

a.