Off-topic -- Is anyone involved in the New Rendering Model project at X

From: Miles Lane
Subject: Off-topic -- Is anyone involved in the New Rendering Model project at XFree86?
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:34:56 -0700

Hi,

There's a project underway at XFree86 to develop a state-of-the-art
rendering model that supports rotated fonts, anti-aliasing, alpha-
blending, etc.  It seems really important to me that the FreeType
development folks stay in touch with this project, as you have a
ton of experience and domain knowledge to share.

If any of you are interested in contributing or just staying in
touch, you can join the public mail list for the Render project
at this page: