Re: beta7 issue or two

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: beta7 issue or two
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 23:22:07 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Elliot Lee wrote:

> 2. Instead of normal strings ("Courier 10 Pitch BT Italic") that have
> spaces, I get things like '/Courier10PitchBT-Italic' for family_name (and
> 'Regular' for style_name). Are font files just not normalized enough in
> providing this info, or is this a freetype issue?

Are you using type1 driver or type1z driver? Type1z seems to always use
/FontName instead of /FamilyName unlike type1 that resorts to /FontName
only when /FamilyName is missing.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."