Re: anti-aliasing

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: anti-aliasing
Date: 24 May 2000 20:18:19 +0100

"Gerry Chu" <address@hidden>:

GC> I downloaded a 2.0 snapshot from the freetype website, untarred
GC> it, and ran make.  I was expecting to see anti-aliased fonts but I
GC> must have missed an installation step somewhere.

You should be able to see anti-aliased fonts in the FreeType demos,
which do not use the X server for rendering, but instead render on the
client side and send pre-rendered bitmaps to the server.  XFree86 does
currently not implement anti-aliasing; as Joerg mentioned, this might
change at some point.

                                        J.