mjps3 and Freetype

From: Harley Blumenfeld
Subject: mjps3 and Freetype
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:50:42 GMT

Hello,

Has anyone been able to compile a mips3 version of freetype 1.3.1 on an SGI with IRIX 6.5? We want to use freetype for our main Boomberg TV application. The application is mips3 so it can run on the ancient
Indigo2 Impact R4400s.

I tried adding the -mips3 compiler flag in to the build but there are conflicts between the IRIX MIPS compiler versions string.h and
what gcc is expecting for string.h, namely in memcpy, memcmp, strlnen,
and memset. When building from a regular ./configure make, it automatically builds mips4 object.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks,
Harley Blumenfeld
Bloomberg Televsion