Re: A DVI viewer with freetype2

From: Cesar Crusius
Subject: Re: A DVI viewer with freetype2
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 00:16:18 -0700

* Werner Lemberg; ;  (address@hidden) [000405 00:07]:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Cesar Crusius wrote:
>
> > I am switchIng from VFLib to freetype2, but I found myself without
> > time to do the job. Is anyone interested in taking over the VFLib
> > -> freetype2 conversion? I will be happy to provide any help you
> > may need, and you'll become the co-author :)
>
> The very problem is lack of autoconf support in FT2, I think.  If
> this has been added, integration of FT2 into VFlib should be rather
> simple.

Thanks, but my goal is actually not to use VFlib, it is a little big
for my purposes, and I think freetype2 is providing the same type of
functionality as VFlib - it suffices for someone to write a PK module
for freetype2, for example. Since my DVI viewer will use only Type1
fonts, however, there is no need for VFlib if all the functionality is
in freetype2:

"you'll have to install VFlib in order to compile the dvi viewer, and
you'll have to install freetype2 in order to compile VFlib"

by not using VFlib I get rid of the middle man (that is, if someone
wants to make the conversion :)

--
Cesar Augusto Rorato Crusius      o__     o__     o__     o__     o__
Stanford University               ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_

HE WHO SACRIFICES FUNCTIONALITY FOR EASE OF USE
LOSES BOTH AND DESERVES NEITHER